We believe in giving back to the community, and support a responsible and sustainable tourism approach. Most of the regions where we operate our expeditions and tours are remote and far flung. In these areas, job opportunity is limited, people are simple. One is always greeted by their innocent and ever smiling friendly faces. If we were to look beyond their smiles often we would discover a lifestyle straddled with poverty and silent suffering.
As a company we have a responsibility towards the region that we visit, and we have a responsibility towards our guests.
We keep the following guidelines while operating our tours:
- When we visit remote exotic regions where these simple people are in vicinity, we always try to contribute to their economy. This is one of the ways by which we can give back to their community.
- We hire local staff in form of porters, horsemen or even someone who can be an information resource. Our regular staff is instructed to stay in their guest houses when they establish a base. By all these means, we are able to create some improvements in the local people's livelihood.
- We educate and inform our guests about the beliefs and customs of the regions that we would be visiting. This helps in creating a basic code of conduct, so that we can keep the social fiber of the local people preserved.
- We limit the number of trips that we operate in a particular region. This helps preserve the cultures and the natural resources of a region.
- We limit our group size which we enroll for a particular trip. This ensures a more exclusive and personalized experience to our guests.
We love nature, and we love being in natural places. Later we like sharing the experiences of the places that we have been to, and we invite our guests to enjoy what we have enjoyed. This is one of the reason why we created Eco India Journeys.
When we conduct our expeditions and tours, we are venturing into zones which are natural and have been less explored. The memories that we and our guests bring back are exotic and lifelong. However we take care that we do not leave any memories of our presence in the places that we have visited.
Conservation of nature, is an attribute that we always like to spread among our staff, our guests and the local people of the regions that we visit. We lead by example, and have established a guideline which we all strictly follow.
We try to follow the leave no trace ( LNT ) approach as far as possible in all our operations
- Our entire promotions, marketing, and sales cycle is completely online. We rely very minimally on paper based marketing like posters, visiting cards, brochures etc. In case we do use these approaches, then we take care that our activities do not deface or distort any surrounding.
- We use fresh vegetables and provisions purchased from local markets.This not only results in better tasting meals with variety of local produce, but also contributes to the economy of the region. We try to minimize use of packaged food.
- We discourage use of bottled mineral water. On tours where we need to provide bottled mineral water, we encourage mineral water refilling from water dispensers fitted with bulk packaged mineral water. On tours where carrying bottled water is not possible, we would use professional grade micro filters like Katadyne, or we provide boiled and treated water which is collected and filtered from clean water sources.
- All waste that gets created on our tours is brought back to the base and disposed in the best possible eco-friendly manner. A waste collecting bag is a compulsory feature on our trips. We also educate our staff and guests not to litter and ensure that all waste is brought to this central waste bin on each day of our trip.
- We encourage our guests to progressively use group travel in various parts of the tour. This not only reduces carbon footprint, but is also the best way to share experiences and make new friends.